In the minute it takes you to read this, another child somewhere will go blind. There are now around 1.4 million children worldwide who suffer from eye diseases or blurred vision.
Your regular ORBIS “Kids Sight Friends” monthly donation helps give us the stable, continuous income we need to conduct sustainable pediatric sight-saving initiatives worldwide. Enhancing the long-term capacity of our local partner institutions remains our major focus in this area. Our ultimate aim is to ensure our partners can independently provide affordable, accessible and sustainable quality pediatric eye care for kids. Your regular donations help free up funds by simplifying and cutting administrative processes and costs, so that we can help even more kids to see again.
Your kids can even help save visually-impaired kids’ sight and transform their lives by just sacrificing a toy or a combo set each month. They will then learn valuable lessons about caring for others through this meaningful action.
A continuing monthly donation of
- HK$50Helps subsidize strabismus surgery for a child each year
- HK$100Helps provide testing and eyeglass correction for 15 children’s vision each year
- HK$150Helps subsidize cataract surgery for six people each year
- HK$250Helps cover the cost of distributing antibiotics that will protect 500 people from blindness-causing trachoma each year
As an ORBIS Kids Sight Friend, you will receive:
- a personalized ORBIS Kids Sight Friend membership card
- ORBIS’ biannual “Observer” and regular electronic updates
- invitations to activities such as donor gatherings, parent-child sight-saving field trips, ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital tours and fun parents and kids’ workshops
- an eye examination package at the ORBIS price of HK$300 at PolyVision Eyecare Centres
- attractive annual certificates and souvenirs