Register for Ride for Sight
Hi my name is Perry Athanason and I am the Communications Manager aboard the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital. During my break away from the Flying Eye Hospital, I will be working with the Instituto Regional de Oftalmologia (IRO) in Trujillo, Peru on three different initiatives:
- Strengthening the community awareness of diabetic retinopathy (AKA Diabetic Eye Disease) and creating a system of frequent screening for diabetes and diabetic eye diseases
- Working with the media on strengthening the accuracy and frequency of healthcare related stories
- Working in the pediatric eye care center at IRO to assess the needs in order to better support its existing system of treating children eye disease including congenital cataracts and retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) – both elements are a focus of ORBIS’ long-term strategies and plans for this region of the world
See Where Your Money Is Going: See Perry’s Eye Reports from Peru and learn about the pediatric eye care unit - http://www.qik.com/orbis-eyereport.
Your donation will support:
- Advocacy and community outreach programs in association with my work aboard the Flying Eye Hospital
- The pediatric eye care center at the Instituto Regional de Oftalmologia in Trujillo, Peru (could range from funding surgery, purchasing new equipment, or other capacity building intervention)
How To Support Perry’s program:
Ride For Sight Bike Rally – Sponsored in-kind by Harley Davidson of Ocala – click here to register for the ride.
Individual Donations – click here to support advocacy work aboard the Flying Eye Hospital and the Pediatric Eye care Center in Trujillo, PeruFor further information or questions, please contact Tricia Hart at 1-646-674-5526.