DONOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE
As a key member of the U.S. Development Department, the Donor Services Associate will manage the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) as well as other online/offline fundraising systems. S/he will manage the administration of the donor acknowledgement program and provide first rate donor care to supporters. Under the leadership of the Senior Manager, Direct Marketing this role will also manage the day to day relationship with donation processing vendor to ensure that standards are met and donors are stewarded appropriately.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Donor Services Associate reports to the Senior Manager, Direct Marketing. S/he will liaise with colleagues from other departments in NY and ORBIS offices in other countries as well as work with a variety of vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
(1) Database management:
o Manage Raiser’s Edge database; including data entry, reporting and list outputs, maintaining procedures to insure accuracy of all data, and generating reports.
o Train staff in New York and other offices on the donor database and maximize its usage to further ORBIS’s fundraising objectives.
o Execute list segmentation queries and prepare final mailing lists for Development Department mail and email campaigns.
o Work with Staff Accountant on a monthly basis to reconcile Raiser’s Edge income with the Finance Department’s records.
(2) Acknowledgement system management:
o Maintain and improve the existing systems and processes to provide efficient gift processing and acknowledgement, gift accounting, reporting and stewardship.
o Manage relationship with outside donation processing/acknowledgement vendor so that service levels are met with regard to donation processing, data entry and acknowledgements.
(3) Donor Stewardship:
o Provide excellent donor care to current and prospective donors via telephone, email and mail.
o Manage specific donor care mailings to steward monthly givers and other committed donors.
(4) Fundraising campaign administration:
o Administer the monthly donor program including processing all ORBIS monthly gifts, welcoming, retaining and reactivating monthly givers.
o Work closely with the Senior Manager, Direct Marketing on the online “backend” of the donation process as well as analysis of email and other online campaigns.
(5) Participate in special projects and take on additional tasks as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Minimum 4 years work experience in non-profit fundraising environment
· Proven experience with donor care and fundraising systems
· Substantial Raiser’s Edge donor database administration experience is essential, including data entry, queries, imports and reporting.
· Demonstrated experience with donation processing and e-communications software highly desirable, Blackbaud Net Community experience is preferred.
· High level of computer proficiency and proven Raisers Edge, MS Word and MS Excel skills
· Excellent donor care and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Proven project management skills with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and develop/maintain procedures
· Familiarity with financial reports
· Flexible and pro-active work style essential: Ability to work successfully in team and independently
To Apply go to: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2014192